General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Question Wrong partitions in OSX - 01-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Hello, I've got a problem with my partitions on my hard drive. First of all I created three partitions to install osx and win7 on my samsung nc10 with cmd on windows:
list disk
select disk 0
convert GPT
create partition EFI size=200
create partition primary size=40000
create partition primary size=40000
create partition primary size=70000
list partition
format fs=ntfs quick

Then I installed OSX and then Windows 7. Now I'm booting with EasyBCD.
The third "data-"partition didn't show up in Windows 7, but in OSX. I couldn't format it with Windows, because it wanted to make a dynamic drive out of the base (? in german it's basis) drive and I think OSX wouldn't boot then anymore. So I formatted the partition in OSX in FAT32, but that didn't help either. At least I went back to Windows and added the that partition to my Win7-partition.
In OSX the last partitions still shows up as a FAT32-partition and I unmounted it (still in hard drive service app (?)) and the Windows partition is 40 gb and 60 available (free disk space is right). So I messed up with my file system.
I want to write to my windows-partition (ntfs) on osx, so I modified the etc/fstab to get write support. But it wouldn't write (error -36).
What can I do to get the real partitions show up in OSX and how can I get write support to my Windows/NTFS-partition (NTFS-3G doesn't see that partition). I hope I can solve this with a few terminal commands.

I forgot to say that I have another 128 MB partition between OSX and the Win7 partitions, don't know why.

Edit: I found the solution for this problem: Windows uses the MBR, but OSX used still the GPT, so I wiped out the GPT with GPT fdisk and now OSX uses MBR too. All partitions in the right place.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-04-2010, 07:21 PM

How do you get OS X to use MBR. I added a data partition using Windows and now OS X can't see it.

« Help Me Install Snow Leopard Please | SECRETS Preference panel tool »