General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Newbie needs help with NetbookInstaller 2 - error parsing plist file - 12-25-2009, 05:10 AM

First happy holidays!

I thought I'd hackintosh my mini 9 over the break. I'm generally pretty computer savvy. After quite a bit of fiddling and low level formatting, I'm finally able to boot my mini 9 to the Chameleon screen, with the "Mac OS X Install DVD" as an option. However, when I select that option and hit enter, it seems to try to start the install process, with the big USB stick flashing a few times, but then errors out and just comes back to the Chameleon boot selection screen.

When using the "verbose" option, I see the first line is "error parsing plist file". This error message also happens during the initial boot when the small USB stick is read, but it gets past that and boots up the Chameleon screen. The last line is "Loaded HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] 4096 bytes from 10340270". There appears to be another quick message before it goes back to the Chameleon screen, but it's just a flash so I can't see it.

I've used both DVD Decrypter and Imgburn to extract 2 separate .iso's from a retail SL DVD. The 2 .iso's have the exact same size. Also dd completes successfully, with 7411+1 records in and out. So the full 7GB appear to be written. I've tried format low level and dd multiple times. Same result.

I've done lots and lots of searching on this forum and elsewhere. All the help I got helped me get past my initial "no bootable partition in table" error from the small USB stick. Turns out I needed to low level format, format, then dd. I'm out of ideas to debug this error (done all the low level formatting and reformatting, etc). Also, using HFSExplorer seems to indicate the big USB stick dd was successful (can read the HFS). Any help is MUCH appreciated and eagerly awaited.

Dell mini 9
16GB USB drive for DVD
256MB USB drive for NBI
  (#2) Old
Default exact same issue... - 04-20-2010, 10:17 PM

I am seeing the EXACT same issue on my Dell Mini while trying to do the same thing. I am wandering if you have found a solution to this since you last posted here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  (#3) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Jan van Dijk
Default 08-01-2010, 12:30 PM

Same problem on dell mini 10 also...

« Help. Could Not Get Startup wizard to prompt up | system clone copy »