General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Hibernate is too old? - 12-21-2009, 04:21 AM

I have consistently been able to sleep and wake my Mini 10v running SL 10.6 for over a month but suddenly when I shut the lid to sleep the machine it basically turns off. The white light is solid white and it drains the battery. I've rebooted a number of times and I see this very quick flash on the screen saying the hibernate mode is too old by so many days. Or something like that. this happens after the BIOS loads and after the status bar under the apple is done.

I'm not sure what to do as my USB Legacy support is disabled already.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-21-2009, 04:38 AM

I have regular leopard 10.5.8, and sleep works fine.

On 10.5.8, I got everything to work perfectly by setting it up with netbookinstaller (latest version), then repairing disk permissions (in disk utility), and then installing the extensions again from netbookinstaller.

Repairing the disk permissions can take a very long time. Mac says it only takes a couple minutes, but the first time I did it, It took like 30 or more minutes, and the second time I did it, it took like 10.

this method fixes any problems that mac may encounter (such as sleep/wake problems, and no audio after wake).

Dell mini 10v with Mac, 2gig ram, and my bezel mod (click it)
  (#3) Old
Default 03-28-2010, 04:41 AM

I just got that, too on a restart. Ever find out what that's about?

« Making Different Screen Resolutions Available within OSX? | ParallelsDesktop 5 »