General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Soundflower issue in 10.5.8 - 11-21-2009, 04:31 AM

I have a Vostro A90 running 10.5.8. I went through an update from 10.5.6 this week using NBI 0.8.3 RC4. Most everything is working, but I cannot get Soundflower to install.

The installer installs Soundflowerbed, but clicking on the icon on the menu bar gives the grayed out text of "Soundflower is not installed!!". It's also not an option in the audio preferences.

Soundflower worked just fine when I was running 10.5.6 installed by DellEFI. Could there be an issue between Soundflower and NBI? Anyone else experience this?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

FYI, my device names are exactly as described here:

Weird Audio In/Out in DM-9 under 10.5.8

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I saw on the NBI Google Code page that Meklort has accepted this as an issue earlier today and I'm sure a fix will be just around the bend for NBI. I found a workaround using the following posts as my guide:

Weird Audio In/Out in DM-9 under 10.5.8

All I did was re-run DellEFI 1.2a5, reboot to safe mode (took a bit of time), then rebooted normally. The Soundflower options are all back and the device names are correct.

I have *just* done this, so please take care and be advised that your mileage may vary. I might find something broken because of this, but for now, my Soundflower is working again.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum and to Meklort and mechdrew for all the hard dev work.

mini 9, netbookinstaller, soundflower, vostro a90

« Any more details on what changed in 10.6.2? | Touchpad dies on wake »