General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default How to get fullscreen firefox! - 11-13-2009, 10:34 AM

Hey folks,
I dont know if everyone allready knows this, but it took me quiet a while to figure this out.
I wanted a true fullscreen mode in firefox like I know from windows when pressing F11.
The latest official version of firefox does not support it, neither do all the plugins and tools out there.
I know it's possible with safari and certain tools, but I refuse to use safari for many reasons.

so the other day I stumbled across the newest firefox 3.7 alpha build which is called minefield. and guess what, it supports true fullscreen mode under mac os x!
It can be downloaded from here: Index of /pub/
and even though this is an alpha version, it seems to be running just fine. Been using it for over a week now and never had it crahs on me. Performance also seems to be better than 3.5.

I even setup the keyboard shortcut to F11, so it now behaves exactly like firefox on windows. If that's what you want

(#2) Old
Default 11-13-2009, 12:55 PM

Thanks... although I use Safari most of the time, this does fill a niche for me, and it does perform comparably to Safari.

Dell Mini 10v w/ 2GB SDRAM, 802.11n & BlueTooth
Snow Leopard 10.6.6
2TB of NFS mounts courtesy of foonas-ized LinkStations
as opensource TimeCapsules (+ p910nd printserver & Firefly media server)
see for details on how to make your OS X experience richer with a modded NAS device
Time Capsule/Time Machine Support on Your LinkStation

« Tips: Disable Safari 4 Webpage Preview | converting DMG to ISO »