General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to HotDog
Default input/output issue: guru needed - 11-04-2009, 04:03 PM

Last week I posted a question but no solution was forthcoming. I'll try again here.

I was running SL, but decided to go back to 10.5.8 where EVERYTHING worked. The trip backwards has been disappointing, primarily around my audio in/out issues. The familiar lingo in the Preferences --> Sound area have gone and have been replaced with "DevShortNameOut" and "DevShortNameIn." I wouldn't care if the sound worked as it should, but it tends to disappear after sleep or after a time lag. This is still unclear.

I have found the problem to be in the IORegistry as others have posted (Google), but no answer persists.

Any solution? And why would this happen anyway? I used a normal NBBM 0.8.2 install of OSX 10.5.6, and I didn't have this problem last time. Do I need to go back to DellEFI? Just a word of advise would be helpful.

My reason for going back to L from SL is that I skype and iChat, AND I want to sell this DM-9. I just can't put this in a buyer's hands with this problem going on.

Thanks 1,000,000 as usual.

[ Dell Mini 9 | Black | A04 | NBI 20100616212351 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSD | BT | 1.3MP | WiFi ]
[ Dan-O-Cam : ]

« Help with Choices??? | Transitioning From DellEFI to NetbookInstaller »