General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default what am I doing wrong? - 10-26-2009, 06:36 AM

I've got the working Type 11 on one flash drive, and a retail version of OS X on the other flash drive by using TransMac(I only have access to a PC). I go to my mini 9, I plug in Type 11 on the left, and the retail copy of OS X on the right. USB Legacy is enabled. Type 11 boots up fine. I select "Install Retail Leopard 10.5 (x86)", then it says loading "/cdfiles/retail.img.........................." then it flashes to another screen and says:

'/ not found

What am I doing wrong? I noticed that while it is trying to load /cdfiles/ that only the type11 flash drive is blinking, and not the OS X copy. Is that the problem? How do I fix this? Thank you
  (#2) Old
Default 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the same message.
  (#3) Old
Default 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM

I have the same problem trying type11. I hope to get some answers. When it does that, after the error message, it shows my hard drive. If I press ESC I can type a hexidecimal number to tell it which drive to look for. Depending on which version of type11 I use, my leopard flash drive starts blinking with either 80 or 81. When I press enter after that, though, it just goes back to the boot: prompt and doesn't do anything else.

« What Is The Most Compatible NIC For OSX? | Font trouble »