General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 12-12-2009, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by ppafford View Post
Latest News:

Well after some testing I found that at the logo screen the software still works. I see the camera light come on for a sec and then off. However I only tested this when the computer is hard wired in (Connected to Ethernet cable) but it sent me a screen shot and a picture of myself at the login prompt.

As for WI-FI I also see the camera light come on but didn't get a report back from prey software over WI-FI. NOTE: I have only tested this on a encrypted WI-FI connection and not an open one (Yet), maybe I will hit the local coffee shop and test this later.

All in all I think this will work over open WI-FI as it sent the commands to my netbook over the encrypted signal, maybe I just needed to be patient as the images might be large to send over WI-FI.

More testing on the way but it's looking to be a solid solution and best of all it's free

That sounds great. Thanks for the update !!

I thought I read some where that it would have to pick up an unencrypted wifi signal ? Not sure if at some coffee shops you have to have a wep key or even a login id ? Let me know if it's successful at connecting to a random open router and sends the appropriate information to you automatically....

« NEED HELP NOW Hibernated while flashing bios! | OSX installed fine, aboutthismac.pkg will not install »