General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Question Mail app strange behavior - 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM

Hello all,

I've set up Mail as my mail app - and there are some weird things happening.

First of all, there is a constant spinning circle (like the boot up circle) next to my primary email account. I have 4 different Gmail accounts, and in the left panel under "mailboxes-inbox" they are listed in the order I made them. These 4 inboxes contain the same stuff that is in my iMac's Thunderbird inboxes. No problems here.

Below that is "RSS" - again, no probs.

And below that is "Gmail" - which lists the folders that I have on my iMac (not sure how that happened, since I don't have them organized that way inside gmail's servers.) They don't have anything in them until I click on them, then they download the emails. However, there is some kind of "global" folder (not tagged that way, it's my word), and I cannot seem to delete emails in those folders... and they seem to have every email I've ever received in those accounts. I'm completely confused by this, because when I delete mails on my iMac (using T-bird) they are deleted from the Gmail servers, too. When I go to my gmail webmail, **none** of those previously deleted emails are there - and the trash folder is empty!

What in heaven's name is going on?

17" White iMac: OSX 10.6.2
8GB iPod Touch 2G OS 3.1.2
Dell Mini 10v (1011), OSX 10.6.2

« Speed up Chameleon? | Keeping my MacBookNano happy »