General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default I cant thank Mechdrew enough. - 10-12-2009, 03:28 AM

I literally bow to you sir.

Used the guide on your page and it couldnt be more comprehensive.

On a 10v with 10.6.1 using 0.8.3 RC3

Had no audio at first but another member walked me through the replacement of the verb helper file.

Now there are no issues. I have full touchpad capabilities, waking up is so fast, sound is immediate from wake as opposed to DellEFI on 10.5.8 which took 30 seconds to maybe load sound.

Cant donate much, but come the 15th (Payday) I will donate something. I promise that.

Now I need an Airport Express and a 3rd party application to stream all audio to my home theatre. Luckily I work at Best Buy as a second job, so I get a small discount on them (not much on a markup).

Again, thank you so much. I feel like I FINALLY have a legitimate laptop as if it came from Apple. It may not look like one, but it finally has all the functionality you would expect from the built in hardware.

I don't know how you do it, but, you sir, ARE....A....GOD!
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 10-12-2009, 05:49 AM

I'm glad you could benefit from my help and the help of others here.

I do feel it is important to remind everyone here that the donation link for this subforum does not go directly to me or any other forum member. Rather it is a donation pool for future development needs. Currently I have not needed any of the donation money for any developments. While a donation is appreciated on behalf of the developers here, I again stress that simply donating does not mean that I in any way benefit. I'm not begging for money here, there just seems to be a prevailing notion here and elsewhere that either meklort or I get the money as some sort of compensation. Just a reminder.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old
Default 10-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Well if it in anyway can help the future development I am still more than happy to donate. Not just for me, but for other people who would be doing this for the first time.

I had already done the install once, so had a little experience, but with your guide alone, if I had never done it before I would have had no problem following it.

Thanks again.

« 1st post here, new guy in town, lots of questions! | iTunes no longer working!?!? »