General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Trouble going from 10.5.4 to 10.5.8 - 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM

I followed the instructions for the 1 USB installation method with a 10.5.4 retail copy of Leopard. I'm running into a few problems in updating, I've downloaded the 10.5.8 combo update, but when I try and open it it says "The following disk images failed to mount ; Device not configured" . Also when I run Netbook Installer I cannot select the source and so can't use it, it fails and says please select a volume to continue. Am I jumping too quick by going straight for 10.5.8?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  (#2) Old
Default 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM

Bump for me as well- just ran into this issue. OSX installed fine using the NetbookInstaller 1: USB Installation method, but now that I have it up and running, I can't mount the OSX 10.5.8 update disc image. I'm getting the same exact error as the OP. Help?

EDIT: Stupid me, I should have looked harder on the forum. Here is an answer I came across:

"Just mount the disk image on another mac (presumably the one you used to create the USB installation drive). Once you do that, you will see the installation package. Copy that to your mini, it will work like a charm."

I'm now installing via the .pkg and not the .dmg. I'm assuming this will work well- we'll see!

« Transmac - Error writing to Mac disk | X11 - Do I need it? »