General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Thread section upgrade - 10-05-2009, 03:14 PM

This is just a suggestion not intended to disrespect the hard work that moderators, (and developers) do or the organization of this forum. I feel that it would be in the best interest of all if there were a separate Snow Leopard section specific to machine type as well as the netbookinstaller, netbookmaker sections per machine type.

I know this may seem petty or may not be the best way to go about it. However, this may cut down on comments and confusion where one person says it works and another person with a different system says it does not.

I myself am even guilty I’m sure. ←- Postings that are not relevant and at times people bickering or wasting space with needless comments just make it harder to find the information that we all are looking for.

Moreover, it is harder for developers to sift through all the information to get what they need to help us all. Members should give details of their issues and state system details in their signature and also pertinent information related to their problem.

It would also be great to have an irc chat channel ←- (would help a lot) that people could go to and talk thus saving the forums thread space.

Like I said above, I myself am guilty of all these things and this is not to disrespect the hard work of others. I am deeply grateful to have benefited from this forum and I am not trying to be a cop or “search Nazi.”

I just think that the Snow Leopard sections would benefit all of us if they were machine specific which would help to cut down on the confusion and help us all in the end.

Dell Mini 9 | 32GB SSD Runcore | 2GB RAM | 1.3 mp WebCam | OS X 10.6.2 | USB Wake Off | Legacy Support Off | Bluetooth Module On | A05 bios | NBI 0.8.3RC3 | Geekbench 2 Score 985 |  Mac Pro 2008 | 2 X 2.8 GHz Quad Core 45-nm Intel Xeon E5462 (Harpertown/Penryn) processors | 16GB 800 MHz DDR2 Ram | ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB GDDR3 | Geekbench 2 Score 12296 |  MacBook Pro 13" (Mid 2009) | 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 4GB 1066MHz | Geekbench 2 Score 3907 |
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM

I agree with some of your points and I will speak with Mechrew and the other moderators regarding a possible "OSX Forum" restructure since OSX Snow Leopard is now "mainstream".

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides

« Problem with SSD or Oynx? | Question Regarding Chameleon »