General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default help with configuring mini 9 to lcd projector - 10-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Despite some great posts, i still am having trouble getting my mini 9 to work with an lcd projector. I really need to resolve this but as a noob I am at dead end.

Any suggestions?

I have tried the mirroring off and got the extended screen but it won't show the power point. I have downloaded fabian canas's mirror program but nothing seems to be happening.

any suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default 10-05-2009, 12:05 AM

Most likely you need to match the resolutions; the projector is 'expecting' a certain resolution pass thru in its input, and probably doesnt like 1024 x 600; Try 800 x 600 resolution on your mini, then attach the projector, and it may start working. Most projectors have a native resolution of 1024 x 768, and older ones had a native resolution of 800 x 600, and they are fussy with this ...

And if that doesnt work, try the "Install old mirror friendly GMA kext" option in NetBookInstaller for your presentation. You can run NBI again, to remove that option when done, too...

Dell Mini 9; Crucial 64GB SSD, 2GB RAM; BT & 1.3MP Cam
OSX 10.6.7 | BIOS A05 | NBI 20100616212351 | USB BIOS Legacy Support: Disabled | Bluetooth: Enabled
  (#3) Old
Default 10-06-2009, 12:37 AM

thanks so much. now pardon my ignorance here but if i installed everything with delleffi will running netbookinstaller be a problem. and now, how to i run netbookinstaller? I am really new to the hacking and maybe over my head.

« Darwin Universal Boot Loader (DUBL) | Yet another mirroring question »