General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default After 10.5.8 Update, Wont boot - 09-25-2009, 08:05 PM

I just installed OS X using the netbook installer .82. I then tried to install the combo update to 10.5.8. The installation of the update finished and said it was successful (although it hung on two minutes remaining for at least 12 minutes). So I reboot and get to the boot prompt, and type "-x" to boot into safemode. Apple screen appears and the turning dial, but then the computer reboots, and I try to go to safemode again and the apple screen appears, but no dial and it hangs for a long time. Should I wait longer? If i dont boot into safemode,i get the dial and the load up, but its just a blank screen with squigily lines.

Am I doing something wrong. I follwed all the steps in the forum netbook installer method.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

ok, so I finally got into safemde using a miniboot drive. I installed chamileon and did all the steps in this guide.

and now when i try to go into my os x, it says cant find mach kernel.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-03-2010, 04:43 PM

I hade the same white screen with squiggly lines. this happened right after I installed OSX and updated it. Then I reinstalled the OS and did all the updates except the main 10.5.8 update.

Everything was working as far as i can tell but, I cannot access the itunes store without the updated safari and the only way to get the updated safari is if I do the 5.8 update.

if anyone has any insight on what I can do before the 5.8 update to make it work please let me know.

« Anybody Run ProPresenter 4 (MAC)? | Comcast 2go OS X »