General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#11) Old
Default 09-25-2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by funnysac View Post
how has your experience been with SL on Vostro A90?
Pretty good so far. The main thing I gained is disk space. It reports 3.3GB free. It'd be perfect once the headphone/mic support comes in. Other than it boots super fast 30sec, shutsdown within 5 sec. Bluetooth, webcam works too. It saw my windows machine share too (without me setting up anything). Sometime back when I was trying to fit 10.5.6 in that measly 8GB SSD, I mistakenly deleted the "Apple Keyboard input" using monolingual, which deleted the PS2 support from the OS. i had to use external USB wireless keyboard mouse in OS X to recover.
I am now thinking of connecting my 22" LCD and the wireless keyboard to use it as a desktop for easier typing/ergonomics.
  (#12) Old
Default 09-30-2009, 05:22 AM

Dell mini 9, 2gb ram, runcore 32gb ssd, 10.6.1

couple minor glitches post install with hibernation and service battery... fixed hibernation with 3rd 3rd party tool. waiting on battery.

boots faster.

shuts down faster.

I have one specific application that is a java based 3d openGL "game", it has 15% higher frame rate now with SL over L.
  (#13) Old
Default 10-01-2009, 01:57 PM

I'm the OP for this thread and am happy to report that I can now join the ranks of people with better performance using Snow Leopard!

It turns out that there was a problem with my hardware acceleration (QE/CI) being disabled or corrupted. I posted about it in another thread: Can't view full images in iPhoto (or Preview)

Without the hardware acceleration enabled, many of my programs were not running correctly (iPhoto, Preview, Front Row, Chess, Photo Booth to name a few) and the system as a whole seemed very sluggish. Now that it is all fixed up, everything is snappy, and very responsive.

Anyway, this is something you might want to look into if your system seems to run slower after installing Snow Leopard.

performance, snow leopard

« Ehh, weird problem... | Help! Upgraded to SL and cannot boot in a dual-boot Win7/OSX system! »