General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Will no Longer Boot after Netbook INstaller Crash - 09-21-2009, 11:22 PM

I just got my Mini10v
I installed everything and had Snow Leopard working, though with often Kernel Panics. Twice now it kernel panics while running the netbook installer then when i restart it wont boot through i juist get anothe rkernel panic - the first time i wiped and reinstalled everything. worked. but then happened again when i tried to run netbook

do i have to wipe and reinstall or can i somehow recover from the point im at?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Try following: Boot from the 10.6 USB-stick to run 10.6-installation-programm again

Now run NetBookInstaller (you can find it in the menubar) and start this programm.

After that do normal reboot from harddisk
  (#3) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 11:50 PM

Thanks - i will keep that on hand for the next try

I just took the drive out - mounted it on another computer to take a look. I discovered that there were two "Extra" folders - i deleted one and it booted on restart

i still cant seem to get the remote disk function to work

also does any one know if theres a way to boot the mini in disk mode similar to a mac target disk mode - it sure would save all the opening up and removing the drive stuff i seem to keep doing!

thanks again!!!!

« touchpad and keyboard not working?? | dsdt.aml, restart/reboot problems resolved »