General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Sleep Not Working 10v 10.6.1 - 09-21-2009, 09:03 PM

Hi, this is my first post so a massive thank you to meklort, bmcclure97 and everyone who makes this all possible.

I have a 10v which was running 10.5.7 perfectly (sleep, sound etc) and wanted to upgrade to 10.6. In my haste i made a few mistakes. The drive i used for the install disk copy wasn't formatted as MBR it was GUID. I also did my upgrades on friday evening not realising Netbookinstaller and boot maker 8.3 were so close to coming out.

I upgraded to 10.6 with Netbookbootmaker 8.2a and all seemed fine (forgot to use netbookinstaller at this point too). Then did a straight software update to 10.6.1. Then i noticed that the 10v wouldn't stay asleep. It will only sleep for a few seconds then wake up (everything working ok after though). Since then i have run netbookinstaller 8.3RC and i still have the same problem (although the new trackpad drivers are perfect! scrolling and swiping working really well).

Sorry for rambling but does anyone know if there is a quick fix or do i need to reinstall with an MBR partition and if i do should i wipe my drive first?

I have also tried USB Legacy support on and off along with bluetooth but neither have been successful. I'm on bios A05.

Thanks for any help anyone has.

« Hello and a problem | How to backup original HD »