General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Exclamation Vertical vs Horizontal touchpad speed (driver issue) - 09-17-2009, 01:27 AM

I am currently running 10.5.7 on my Dell Mini 9. The vertical speed is much faster than horizontal speed of the mouse movement (not scrolling) on the touch pad. I think this has something to do with the touch pad being rectangular vs traditional square size on older laptops. Since OSX sees the touchpad as a square shape the horizontal speed is slower because the actual touch pad is wider. You can easily check this by moving your finger in a circular motion and you will see the mouse moving in a vertical oval shape instead of following the circular path you are doing with your finger.

I am thinking to upgrade/clean install to 10.6.1.

1) Is the mouse pad issue fixed, or same problem?
2) Is there an alternate mouse driver that fixes the ratio of mouse speed?

(#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 09-17-2009, 03:02 AM

It's a bug in the driver included with 0.8.2. The v18 driver works fine, and the driver included in 0.8.3 (when it's released) has it fixed.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.

« MSN Messenger for Mac | Install OSX onto USB Drive? »