General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 - Sleep fix and trackpad solutions - 09-16-2009, 12:41 AM

I recently upgraded my 10.5.8 Mini 9 to 10.6 (and later to 10.6.1) through the great tutorials on this site. I had a few issues, and here's some of my fixes. Hopefully this'll help others too:

Dell Mini 9 doesn't wake from sleep properly.

This was my major grind with our big snowy cat. Opening the mini 9 from sleep caused it to hang. This was very easily solved through remembering to go back into the BIOS and turn OFF Legacy USB support. And now sleep works fine.

The trackpad is a bit iffy sometimes.

This annoyed me occasionally, especially with horizontal movement. This again was an easy fix; I had two finger scrolling enabled. Turning it off (and indeed all scrolling options, though this may not be ideal for all) solved this, and left me with a smooth trackpad!

The sound has a hiss to it, and crackles at louder volumes.

This I still haven't figured out; my Mini was always clear even at the loudest volumes on 10.5. However, not so no. And there's a residual hiss in the background when unmuted.

Hope these help someone; I know the sleep fix was very helpful to me!
  (#2) Old
Default 09-19-2009, 06:05 PM

Having the same problem expect that diseabling legacy support doenst work for me. Everytime I send my dell mini 9 to sleep and wake him up the os freeze after 5 seconds. Sometimes if I play audio (voodoo drivers) and send him to sleep and waking him afterwards he continue to play the music but with crackles all the time. What could be the solution?

« My DM9 hangs at boot sometimes under SL. Now I know why (Pic) | audio »