General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to HotDog
Default Video Out with NBI (0.8.2a) and SL - 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM

I recently did the SL install on my DM9 using the NBI (0.8.2a) method. S-w-e-e-t! Really, this is quite a jump forward from the DellEFI 1.2a5 method. Much thanks to meklort and others for their great contributions!

Wondering what kind of shape this install left my Video Out plug? I don't have a projector with me and frankly, I need to know before I walk into my presentation area as the equipment is both fixed to the room, and locked when specifically not in use.

Previously, I merely ran DellEFI 1.2a5 and checked "Install Old Mirror Friendly GMA kext." Voila, it worked!

Now, since there was nothing specifically run at the end of the install, can I safely run NBM and do the same, or should NBM stay away from a successful SL install?

I'm sure someone has the answer to this off the top of their head, so any support would be greatly appreciated.

[ Dell Mini 9 | Black | A04 | NBI 20100616212351 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSD | BT | 1.3MP | WiFi ]
[ Dan-O-Cam : ]
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 09-15-2009, 03:34 PM

You would not really re-run NBM... you would run NBI.

To answer your question though, I am unsure of the status of this under .8.2a. Last I spoke with meklort the mirroring needed to be worked on under .8.2a and Snow Leopard.

So, as of right now, I do not think mirroring works

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#3) Old
Default 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Mirroring doesn't work, but desktop extension works fine.

Displaying on an external monitor while the lid is closed also doesnt work, but I believe that this is a hardware issue and not a software one.

You also can't boot into an external display, you have to boot and then plug the monitor in (or if you booted with it plugged in, unplug and plug it back in and it works fine.)

« Kernel Panic when attempting to boot from patched USB - help! | Issues after installing 10.5.6 - Blue screen or "You must restart this computer" »