General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Angry iTunes 9 crashing? - 09-11-2009, 10:53 PM

setup, Dell Vostro A90, OEM 16gig drive, 2gig ram, OSX 10.5.7

Have been running all of my iTunes needs from my A90 for sometime now, including 2 ipods and an iPhone. Just upgrades iTunes to 9.0.0 and all seemed well, it worked great the other day. Today, I try to start up iTunes 9, and it crashes, I select "relaunch" and it crashes again, do it a 3rd time and it gives me the option to reset my settings and relaunch....only to crash again.

Anyone else having this trouble? Please advise, its simi important as I prefer to not have to reset my iPods and Phone back to my windows laptop.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-12-2009, 12:02 AM

Not what you want to hear I know, but my mini9 is running iTunes 9 on 10.5.7 with no problems. Have opened and closed, shutdown and restarted many times since the install. No problems at all. Don't have any of my ipods or iphone set up with it though.

Do you have a time machine backup? Could revert back to 8 easily with that.

Otherwise no real ideas apart from deleting the app and reinstalling. Your library and prefs should remain despite deleting and reinstalling (just leave your iTunes media folder well alone). But you might want to wait for someone more geek than me to confirm that.

Mini 9 - 10.5.7 - 2GB Ram - BiosA05 - DellEFI 1.1 - 64GB runcore (installed using 'Runcore on a Mac' method)
  (#3) Old
Default 09-12-2009, 05:32 AM

You could fire up your 'console' (Applications > Utilities) & keep it highlighted on 'all messages' then open itunes & take a look at the output in the console window which may give you an idea of the issue.

Dell Mini 10v | N270 | A04 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | Mac OS 10.6.6 | Bluetooth | Usb Legacy OFF
DropBox Referral

« $29 Snow Leopard Upgrade Verion or Full Version Required? | guid format issue »