General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default SL on RunCore SDD Questions. - 09-09-2009, 12:22 AM

OK I got a little ahead of myself and installed SL on my RunCore using my friends Mac. What would be the next step to get it up and running? Do I need to go back to Leopard and start over? Or is there a patch I can run before it boots up. Thanks for the help everyone has been great.
  (#2) Old

Default 09-09-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavison View Post
OK I got a little ahead of myself and installed SL on my RunCore using my friends Mac. What would be the next step to get it up and running? Do I need to go back to Leopard and start over? Or is there a patch I can run before it boots up. Thanks for the help everyone has been great.
Hello Edavison,

unfortunately there still no official procedure on how to install SL directly onto a RunCore SSD via USB cable (yet). This doens't imply that the guys working round the clock in order to make this work are not doing a good job.....they are excellent!

I'm a MacOS newbie myself and the install is pretty easy if you have a USB key in order to perform the OS restore from the DVD to the USB key (I bought the 29 dollar Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD) . The USB key that I've used is a San Disk 16GB.

The page below was a great tutorial that shows how to perform the Restore from DVD to USB:

Install Snow Leopard from External Firewire or USB Hard Drive, or How to Upgrade to 10.6 Without a DVD Drive - OS X Daily

Also this page was of great help as well:

NetbookInstaller 1: USB Installation via Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

Just ignore the Combo update steps since that is for the earlier OS. The two pages above helped me with the install process which took me about 2 hours or so.

Make sure that you follow the procedure below to the letter:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/os-x...d-updated.html

Hopefully this will help. Again I have the Runcore 32GB SSD and it would have been perfect to use the USB cable for the install. That procedure would be great but until then, the OFFICIAL install procedure is the best and most supported.

JerseyDan31

Dell Mini Inspiron 9 (910) Obsidian Black, A05 BIOS, 2GB RAM, 32GB Runcore SSD, Bluetooth 2.0, 1.3MP WebCam, OSX 10.6.1 Snow Leopard

« No sound in SL on 10v | Battery charge after SL »