General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Software to override external monitor max res? - 09-04-2009, 02:29 AM

So I have everything i need to hook the 10v up to my 52" dlp. Unfortunately, I have a hardware/software issue. VGA out -> DVI-I (A in this case). So the DVI input on my TV requires me to select digital or analog. If I select one and its the other it wont work. So, analog it is.

Faildozer catch is that when in analog mode, the TV limits the resolution to 1280 x 720. Now when I watch a dvd rip of say a tv show, its about 175MB for a 30 minute show (less commercials, so like 22-24).

To get the TV display to actually use the entire screen, I need to zoom the tv. To get the video to take up the whole display I need to zoom that. So I double video size and double tv size. So basically, I am quadrupling the pixel size. blech. Now I dont think I can push to full 1920 x 1080, but I want to try and get to 1366 x 768 which will maintain aspect ration and provide a bit more resolution.

So how do I do it? What software runs on OSX that may be able to accomplish this? Looked at Powerstrip but thats windows only.

(#2) Old
Default 09-04-2009, 02:44 AM

Here's a thread with a similar question. Maybe the info there can help.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 09-05-2009, 05:00 PM

WOOT! Using SwitchResX I was able to push through 1080P, although the TV is not happen about it. It feels the need to inform me that my input is not correct and to check my settings. Whatever, hit OK and its gone.

« Android "Tethering": Works Great | Install Hang at transfer my mac »