General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Mirror does not work after upgrade to 10.5.8 - 08-29-2009, 09:43 PM

I had a perfectly working mini9, with 10.5.6 with dellefi 1.1 and 10.5.6. I used the mirror feature for making presentations, lead discussions, etc.

I upgraded to 10.5.8 and dellefi 1.2a5. Now mirror does not work.

Behaviour :

10.5.6 : upon plugging in the vga cable, the screen goes blue, flickers, and I get a properly mirrored display.
10.5.8 : upon plugging in the vga cable, the screen flickers, and then I get a weird vertical lines on a useless gray screen (on mini9 screen as well as external projector).

I tried fixing this problem by installing the mirror friendly 10.5.5 kexts. No use.

I installed mirrordisplay after consulting :

OSX External Monitor/Projector Qeustions

Now, I can get past the gray mess using alt+spacebar (or something) and typing mirror.

However, I no longer obviously have mirror. I have span, but no mirror. Ok for making presentations with keynote (you have switch displays to get it right), but I can no longer lead discussions.

Is there any way (short of a reinstall and downgrade) to get mirroring working again as it was with 10.5.6 ?

Or is this a dellefi version problem ? If so, how do I downgrade to v 1.1 ?

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 08-30-2009, 07:02 PM

Don't know why it isn't working for you, I'm OK with 10.5.8 and mirroring.

Have you tried to regenerate the dstl file? If not you do that as a 3 step process:
1) remove
2) reboot
3) generate

Perhaps try a full reinstall of v.12a of EFI. That is reload the bootloader, kexts, mirror friendly kext, regenerate dstl file, pretty much click everything you'd have used if this was the first time you used it.

To downgrade EFI just run the v1.1 version and select "install mini9 kext" or whatever. You'll also want to check the mirror friendly option.

Or try the newer netbookmaker/installer doing the same sort of thing, bookloader, kexts, mirror friendly, dstl, etc.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

10.5.8 breaks mirroring, mirror

« Runcore Method for Snow Leopard? | Modify MacOSX for MBR without a Mac »