General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default What web browser do you use? - 08-24-2009, 07:32 AM

With the limited screen space on my mini 9, I've tried out several of the browsers out with the exception on IE. I was using safari 4 for a first couple of months with my mini and enjoyed it, but it was lacking. I tried chromium, which is promising, but doesn't quite do it for me. I ended up using firefox 3.5 because of all of the scripts and plug-ins to tweak the browser.

For instance, the add-on "FaviconizeTab" lets you right-click and choose from the menu to only display the favicon. The real benefit is in the settings where you can plug in http*://** and all of your google sites load with only the favicon. Don't know why I enjoy it so much, but it seems to please the eye on the small screen.

Also Xmarks has a great add-on where you can offsite sync your bookmarks. Which in my OCD world helps keep things organized between my mini and desktop, etc.

Anyways, what do you all use and why?

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | BIOS A05 | 2 GB RAM | 16 GB RunCore SSD | NetBookMaker/Installer
1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Mini | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | 2 GB RAM | 60 GB HDD | 1 TB External Storage Drive
1.33GHz PPC G4 | Mac OS X 10.4.11 | 1.5 GB RAM | 40 GB HDD
Get Dropbox

(#2) Old
Default 08-24-2009, 09:27 PM

I'll use Chrome when it's released as a final product - it sucks right now (too buggy). For the time being, firefox 3.5 it is. I'm excited for FF4 though, it could be a feasible option.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-24-2009, 11:39 PM

FF..3.5 for me....

On Line gaming addict....

Cherry Red Mini 9..64GB Runcore SSD...2GB Ram....16GB SDHC card, BT...Win XP Home, Logitech mouse
  (#4) Old
Default 08-25-2009, 11:28 AM

for maximum screen space i use firefox and i hide the top menu bar with this simple plist hack...

Hide You Mac Menu Bar And Dock For A Cleaner Desktop | Lifehacker Australia
  (#5) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 08-25-2009, 12:08 PM

I use FF 3.5 and Safari 4

I have not decided which one I enjoy better on my netbook. I usually use FF 3.5 as my main browser on all of my computers (work/home/Mac/PC).

As a side note, I do not understand why people put their results in their signature. Is it supposed to be a competition? Show off their connection speed?

If so, some people should just not post it... because, hate to break it to ya, 10Mb/s down and .9 Mb/s up is nothing to brag about

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides

browser, firefox, safari, web browser

« Operating System Not Found | Openbook Nano - Preloaded MSI Wind »