General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Default Installation of Snow Leopard on Mini 9 - 08-21-2009, 12:46 AM

I am in the process of installing Snow Leopard right now using the USB flash drive method. I've extracted the mach_kernal using TransMac on my Windows XP machine, and I need to know where to get the Library and System folders from. Anyone know which ones I need?

(#2) Old

Default 08-22-2009, 02:56 PM

My Mini 9 was just hosed, so I'd love to know if you can easily install 10.6. Please let m eknow how you're getting on, cause I'm going to have to reinstall something pretty son anyway.

Mac OSX 10.6 on Dell Mini 9
  (#3) Old

Default 08-22-2009, 11:35 PM

as far as I can see there's no easy install method from anyone yet (esp. on the mini 9) - people are probably waiting for confirmation that 10A432 is the retail version before putting lots of effort into kexts etc...

If you follow the changes the the netbookinstaller source you can see 10.6 stuff being added, but no joy yet

Mini 9 | 16GB Runcore | 2GB RAM | OS X 10.5.8 | WWAN (T-Mobile UK)

Contributor to the NetbookInstaller project
  (#4) Old

Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Default 08-23-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlozier View Post
as far as I can see there's no easy install method from anyone yet (esp. on the mini 9) - people are probably waiting for confirmation that 10A432 is the retail version before putting lots of effort into kexts etc...

If you follow the changes the the netbookinstaller source you can see 10.6 stuff being added, but no joy yet
As far as I know, 10A432 is the GM. I still haven't had any luck.

(#5) Old

Default 08-23-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit View Post
As far as I know, 10A432 is the GM. I still haven't had any luck.
until someone gets their hands on a retail disk and confirms that 10A432 is the build, no one can be 100% sure

Mini 9 | 16GB Runcore | 2GB RAM | OS X 10.5.8 | WWAN (T-Mobile UK)

Contributor to the NetbookInstaller project
  (#6) Old

Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 08-25-2009, 02:27 AM

Are there instructions or a thread some where for getting SL to run on a Mini 9? I only see instructions for here for the Mini 10v.
  (#7) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 08-25-2009, 02:53 AM

Snow Leopard is not even out as a retail copy yet... give it some time and have some patience. Everyone always expects to have a guide to follow step-by-step the instant something new comes out.

If you are willing to get something new to be bleeding-edge, then you are going to have to experiment and try things out. None of the methods we use for our Minis was perfect when it first started. They all involved a lot of testing, trial and error, skilled development and time.

Once SL is released to the general public and people can get their hands on it, then I am sure testing will pick up and development will start rolling quicker and quicker. For the time being, be patient and content with Leopard (10.5.8)... there is nothing wrong with it at all.

And, like I said before, if you are one of those people who wants the latest and greatest... then prepare to be in for a bumpy ride until things are smoothed out.

Not trying to be discouraging, just being realistic.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#8) Old

Default 08-25-2009, 03:29 AM

I got SL booting on my Lenovo S10 tonight (I know, not a Mini, but similar). Trackpad works, USB works, that's about it right now. GFX is stuck at 800x600, no wifi, no sound, but it restarts and shuts down (sleep is a little weird). My first goal is to get the graphics working. It doesn't seem to be loading my /E/E kexts for some reason, or maybe it's just the GMA950 that's not working properly. Anyway, just wanted to say that there is hope for the netbook!

UPDATE: Holy crap. I'm way closer now! Graphics work, wifi works. Thanks to scififan68's kexts!
  (#9) Old

Smile 08-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
I got SL booting on my Lenovo S10 tonight (I know, not a Mini, but similar). Trackpad works, USB works, that's about it right now. GFX is stuck at 800x600, no wifi, no sound, but it restarts and shuts down (sleep is a little weird). My first goal is to get the graphics working. It doesn't seem to be loading my /E/E kexts for some reason, or maybe it's just the GMA950 that's not working properly. Anyway, just wanted to say that there is hope for the netbook!

UPDATE: Holy crap. I'm way closer now! Graphics work, wifi works. Thanks to scififan68's kexts!
Hey no problem! oh and I'd try installing voodoohda for audio using kext utility.

Dell Mini 10v: Obsidian Black, 1GB DDR2 533MHz Ram, 1.6GHz Intel Atom, 120GB FUJITSU HDD, 6-Cell, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Build 10D573 booted with Chameleon 2 RC5 pre6, Dell Wireless 1397 flashed! (Everything working, now featuring sleep when closing lid!)
  (#10) Old

Default Install Step SL ON MINI 9 - 08-25-2009, 04:26 PM

HI scififan68

Please if you put the steps you used to install in the dell mini 9 Snow Leopard

thanks

« Wireless Card for OSX | No audio device in 10V after 0.8.3 RC2 install »