General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Airport always scanning - 08-15-2009, 01:57 PM

I just installed OSX 10.5.8 w/2gb of RAM in my 10V by installing on a removable HDD and then installing using the 10V package found on the forum. I have everything working correctly with the exception of the airport. I have the 1510 card installed. Initially, it would time out and not connect and after removing it and reinstalling it several times, I got it to work - kind of.

Once it connects, it is about as fast as my MacBook (using a 500gb Time Capsule) but after a few minutes it begins scanning and then re-connects and continues that cycle. It took an hour to download a 180mb file and kept pausing.

I have pulled the card and reset it as well as checked the antenna leads. Not sure why it would scan like that? It looks as thought it is connected while it is doing it because the icon at the top of the screen looks as though it has full signal.

Anyone have any ideas or experience this before? I am going on a trip next week and planned to take the 10V instead of the MB as a test. I don't really want to do that if the wireless is sketchy.

Mini 10v - Atom 1.6 - 2 GB RAM - 500GB HDD - 1.3 Camera - BT - Alpine White - OSX 10.6.2 / WIN 7 Pro

« Only boot with -x -f.. | i cant wait.. »