General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Osx doesnt boot, please help - 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM

I updated to 10.5.8 (damn). Then everythıng works but I cant mount dmgs/ısos. Then I try to restore extensıons wıth netbookloader 0.8.1, but I cant pıck up the maın unıt. I read ın thıs forum that that ıs a common problem and I have to reınstall extensıons wıth 0.8.2. beta. Ok, 0.8.2 beta doesnt recognıze my mını so I ınstall general extensıons. Fıne, now I can mount dmgs and ısos but I have no sound. Then I try to copy all the Dell Mını 9 extensıon ınto the General folder extensıons. I ınstall them, reboot, and woah, spınnıng cırcle forever. No luck bootıng wıth -x, also ıt ınstalled Chamaleon bootloader, I dont know why. Is there any way to solve that?

(#2) Old
Default 08-11-2009, 01:37 PM

i had this issue with my 10v after upgrading to 10.5.8. I tried to get into safeboot-no go. I had to let it sit for awhile turned off and then when I tried it later it finally went into safeboot. I had to keep pressing -x about 5 times. Dont know if this will help but it worked for me.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-13-2009, 07:09 PM

At the end I've installed ubuntu 9.04, since I'm outside until september and I'm not able to reinstall Mac Os. Now my mini is slower, I can't run Compiz because the graphics driver isn't working well...

I shouldn't have updated from 10.5.7

« iChat not working after 10.5.8? | Going back from 10.5.8 to 10.5.7 or even 10.5.6 »