General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 08-23-2009, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by blehmann View Post
Thanks Ishagi. Do you have any knowledge regarding the comparative merits of the hp and dell minis?
Well, I almost have OSX working now on the HP mini 110 ... if I was to recommend either - I'd have to suggested the 10v due to better support and knowledge base here.

NBI makes a good installer USB flash. It's not so good at defining the general kexts and other files for the HP post-install. (Got the screen and wifi working; no sound; not tested other features yet; sometimes need to -f boot?) ... (so, if you choose to try the HP, be prepared for some extra work and some trial and error; I'm sure the issues will be fixed, but it will take longer to get those fixes as myhpmini is not as well supported as this site) ... (lots of good info on insanelymac. btw).

1. got sound by removing AppleHDA and adding VoodooHDA; video faster by installing Quartz
2. now boots on its own; not as fast as my DM9
3. got timemachine working
4. still not working: ethernet, wwan?, sleep?, vidout (these are common issues still to be solved)

I'll be making some install notes on netputting soon:

Dell Mini 9 (96Gb) | White | SL 10.6.5 + Win7 Pro using EasyBCD 2.0 | 2G GSkill 667 RAM | No Webcam | BIOS A05 | 32G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | 32G SDHC (int w/ MR04 Card) | 1505 802.11n | Internal BT | Chrome Apple Logo
Dell Vostro A90 (96Gb) | SL 10.6.5 | 2G HyperX | 0.3Webcam | BIOS A04 | 64G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | and other stock features
  (#12) Old
Default ... - 09-01-2009, 11:30 PM

the mini 110 has most things working. The problems with it are that the internal mic doesn't work, that can be fixed but then you lose the sound control so I am sure someone will figure out how to get both working at the same time eventually. Also you can't get the ethernet port to work which looks like it will be a problem for a long time. Other than that sleep works great, monitor works great, sound works (volume is a bit low), wifi works great, time machine works great, haven't tried vga out but I heard it works too. Only thing that doesn't work on the mini 110 like I said is the mic which is a work in progress and the ethernet port
  (#13) Old
Default 07-25-2010, 06:47 PM

Does the new Dell 1012 still work the same way with the hack?

« DVD Player and ISO's? | Noob : Relationship beetween kext in /Extra and in /S/L/E... »