General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Confused which program to upgrade from dellefi1.1 - 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM

I am confused which programs I need to upgrade my current Dell Mini 9 to the latest bootloader and 10.5.8.

Right now I have used the two usb key method to install to 10.5.4, then used the combo update to 10.5.6. Then I ran dellefi 1.1 and had it install. Later when 10.5.7 came out, I did the combo update to 10.5.7, rerunning DellEFI1.1 after rebooting into safe mode. I then did the bluetooth terminal mod, and used the trackpad autoinstaller V17. Finally I did the dvd player external drive mod.

I have everything backed up using Time Machine.

Now, I am confused which steps to take to update everything, and put 10.5.8 onto the computer.

I don't want to reinstall iLife, iWork, and all my other programs if I can help it.

I don't know if I should use Dellefi 1.2A or Netbook installer .081. All the instructions I can find about Netbook Installer shows doing a full install (from the USB drive with the Leopard DVD image file.) I believe the upgrade path from previous Dellefi versions was simply to download and rerun dellefi, not to wipe the hard drive and start over from scratch.

Anyway, I'll take a guess, please let me know if this is the proper order to upgrade my current installation without having to wipe and reload everything.

Run 10.5.8 Combo updater
Run One of the two programs (Dellefi1.2a or Netbook Installer not sure which one I should use) and select delete DSDT
Run the same program (Dellefi1.2a or Netbook Installer) and regenerate dSDT
Run about this mac package
Redo bluetooth terminal mod
Run Trackpad installer v18.2
Redo DVD player external mod.

Do I have it pretty much correct?
  (#2) Old
Default 08-06-2009, 11:26 PM

Question was answered 1 minute later in another thread. Thanks.

« Cant access certain websites, but can on my macbook air??? | Installing OSX »