General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Very confused.... - 08-06-2009, 04:55 PM

I've had my Mini for a few months now, loaded with Win 7 RC, RunCore 64, new 5100 wi-fi card and 2 gigs of ram. It's running great and the next project for me is to run a dual-boot with OS X.

I've been reading the MANY guides throughout these forums and in fact...I think I've read too many of them because I'm no longer very sure about which process to use. There's so many little apps and utilities that they are all starting to jumble in my head.

I do NOT have access to a MAC of any kind, I already have a solid Win 7 install but my SSD only has a single partition or so I'm assuming. Adding to that, I see that there's a shiny new update just out for OS X.

From what I've been reading, I'm pretty comfortable with most of the guides on how to boot from USB etc. and I've used this method to load my Win 7 iso already. But I have a few questions:

1) is it possible to install a dual boot / OS X install with a pre-existing Win 7 installation? i.e. is there still a way to partition the SSD with Win 7 already loaded? It's not such a big deal for the re-install...just wanted to know.

2)Should I wait until I hear more reports / guides on how to load the newest Leopard / Snow Leopard before I buy the DVD? If I wanted something more immediate which version of the OS should I look for?

I'm really eager to do this so if I need to get an older version of the software I will. If anyone could outline some CLEAR paths and / or which guides to follow I'd be much appreciative. Thanks

« Free Paragon NTFS for Mac 6.5 (today only), any good? | 6 cell battery issue PLEASE HELP »