General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Real mac just died, can i boot its backup - 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Hey guys,

My main MBP just died, flat out, dead, and out of applecare. I'm making plans to purchase my next one, but i have a carbon copy clone of it sitting on my backup harddrive from a couple months ago and a lot of programming work I need to get done ASAP.

My Dell Mini 9 is already running Mac from the Dell EFI boot loader with Chameleon. I press any key during the progress bar load and select my backup drive, and it starts, but the video is wrecked. I know its the login screen so i can just enter the info without having to see it and login, but I can
t do much past that after the login.

Is there a way for me to patch my old backup so that the video/audio works properly. I can hookup the old harddrive in the office and boot from it fine, I just need to be able to do it from home as well. I've tried lots of different "Graphics mode" settings in chameleon, but none has seemed to work yet, they all appear the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need to be able to use my old mac configuration immediately and i dont have a grand to sink into a computer just yet.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-06-2009, 11:31 AM

Boot it in safe mode, and install the drivers/etc from DellEFI?
Dell Mini 10v, 1024x600, 160GB, 1GB, OS X 10.5.7
  (#3) Old
Default 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM

worked 100%! Thank you soooo much, I didn't realize that safe mode corrected the display like that. The Dell EFI then installed easily and all is well. Thank you so much!
  (#4) Old
Default 08-06-2009, 04:20 PM

are the parts for sale?

« Restoring from CCC - How To | Free Paragon NTFS for Mac 6.5 (today only), any good? »