General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Exclamation RAWR! CANNOT DEAL W/ EMOTIONAL DELL 10v. Can't properly run OSX - 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM

Hey Guys,

Ok I need your help when it comes to running OSX on my Dell 10v. I've read through several guides, forum tools, reply's and searches on how to install and dual boot a copy of OSx and Windows 7.

I've been able to successfully install, run, and update both operating systems independently, however they cannot co-exist.

I have a 10v standard stuff with a 6-cell battery and I believe no bluetooth (I won this at a conference so i'm not sure of the detailed specs) and wifi-G.

My most recent issue is getting to windows 7, and downloading and running EasyBCD, however when I rebooted it said it could not find the OSX Partition. So I loaded it when my external CD-Rom and the bootloader, and got into OSX however when I tried loading it, and got past the grey apple logo, it froze at a blue screen (like the origial tiger blue background??).

The disk I have is (i believe) a 10.5 copy and when I did the install I followed the instructions to upgrade to 10.5.7 and using the EFI (running it twice, once before the upgrade and once after) and did a restart 3 times i believe successfully and had the cammelion loader properly setup and detecting all my partitions.

So after I restarted again, i restarted with the loader AGAIN and this time i userd verbose mode and safe mode (-x -v) and this time when I got to the bluescreen again, i pressed F1 which brought my to the verbose screen which said something about the ACPI Power Management for AppleIntel (I"m currently on my dell mini windows 7 partition so I will check later on my primary computer).

What can I do to solve this.

« Question about possible method? | Installing what you want from iWork »