General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Angry Hangs At Boot Screen w/ diagnosis error. Anyone make sense of this? - 07-24-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm so frustrated!

Installed OS X on my newly purchased Dell Vostro A90. Made some tweeks and adjustments with the screen resolution, track pad, etc. Found an installer on a thread at InsanelyMac forums to fix the stretched Apple logo at boot logo and after that last restart, my awesome Mini loads to the usual Mac bootup screen with no apple, and the spinning wheel just hangs forever.

I've tried everything I can think of. At this point, I'm okay with just sucking it up and trying to erase/format the HD and start over but during the inital Darwinx86 bootscreen it wont allow me to boot to CD/DVD with my external drive. My hope was from there I could run the DellMiniBoot123 disc or even the OS X install disc since it appears OS X is still on the HDD. The best I can do is list some of the diagnostics and hope someone smarter than me has some advice.

Jul 25 19:51:43 localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-176.3 (Sept 30 2008 16:59:38)[35]: starting
Jul 25 19:51:43 localhost ntpdate[70]: can't find host
Jul 25 19:51:43 localhost ntpdate[70]: bi servers can be used, exiting
Jul 25 19:51:43 default-macbookair11/usr/sbin/ocspd[76]: starting
IOBluetoothBNEPDriver: Ethernet address 00:54:2c:e1:0c:3d
dlil _output: output erroro retval = 1
Jul 25 19:51:43 default-macbookair11 configd[47]: bootp_session_transmit: bpf_write(en2) failed: Operation not permitted (1)
Jul 25 19:51:43 default-macbookair11 configd[47]: DHCP e2: INIT transmit failed
So that's where I'm at. Make sense to anyone? Any suggestions? Again, at this point I'll go through the entire reinstall of OS X. I just want to have my beautiful HackBook back up and running.

Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Default 07-24-2009, 09:01 PM

Are you using OS X Leopard retail dvd? The "macbookair11" looks a bit out of whack.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-24-2009, 09:24 PM

yep, looks like you need to install from a copy of the retail DVD.

That output is OS X trying to initialise a network connection (connect to a time server, get DHCP address etc).

If you have installed from a Retail DVD, try reseating the WLAN card and removing any network cables you have before booting, it's worth a try.

« Mini 10v Realtek ACL272 driver | Stuck after 1st reboot... »