General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default The Mini 10 with OS X is soooo great... here's why! - 07-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Is there no end to the abilities of this machine?

Tonight I connected my son's mini 10v to a VGA lead to my 37" LCD TV. I popped into terminal first, typed "mirroring off", connected the cable and pressed enter. Hey presto! 5 minutes later he was watching "Space Buddies" with his younger sister at 1024 x 768 resolution at 60hz, I was gobsmacked!

I thought it wouldn't be able to drive an external monitor peoperly, but the display looks almost as crisp as my MBP using a DVI to HDMI connection!

I also discovered today that the screen brightness controls are in the right place and work and other than the sound crackling after sleep and the internal mic issue (which I'm sure will be sorted soon) I just can't help but love this machine!

It really is a SERIOUS contender to the MacBook Air. I have the 160GB HDD and don't notice any speed problems or performance issues at all, this is a fantastic little machine and I thank all those in this forum that contribute to the scene to allow people like me to install OS X on this amazing machine.

Cheers all!!!!
  (#2) Old
Default 07-22-2009, 02:03 AM

wow, that's COOL! i can hardly wait to get osx installed now. thanks for the great post!

« Mini 10v Hardware Compatibility | Dell 1510 Wireless card works on OSX Right? »