General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Mac OS X and Dell 1510 Card issues - 07-16-2009, 01:36 PM

First i want to thanks the forum members for all the help making this project work so easily. Great forum and thus great members.

I built my first 10 v Hackintosh last week. Wife liked it so much that we ordered her one from the Dell outlet. It arrived yesterday and ran windows for all of 5 seconds before it was upgraded to 2 gig of ram and reloaded with OSX.

I only have 1 issue. Hers came with the 1510 wireless card and will not join my wireless network very well (WPA2). It see's it but when joining it either does not pull an IP Address or it pulls an address but can not get to the internet still. I swapped the cards from my 10v (1390 card) into hers and it works fine. I am currently trying her 1510 in my 10v that was loaded with iATKOS load ( I know not supported but wanted to try before buying and have since bought and will be reloading with the DELLEFI method). but I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with that card. or any recomendations to try. I am new at Mac OS and still learning.

Thanks In advance
  (#2) Old
Default 07-16-2009, 02:35 PM

It seems like the issue your describing may not be related to the Wifi card, but instead, possibly your home network/router.

It's been confirmed that the 1510 does indeed work with OS X, and the fact that you're able to detect networks seems to suggest that the hardware is working fine with the OS.

Try using it on a different network and see if you can connect.

That's my best guess.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM

I can add that I am having the EXACT same problem consistently trying to connect to wifi networks of many types. For some reason NETGEAR routers seem to work but many many others either leave me with limited connectivity (self assigned IP and an "!" through the airport symbol) or they get an IP address but still cannot pull up the net....

I am traveling with both my ipod touch and dell mini 10v which has the draft n card and it is really frustrating me that I can never get the use of my netbook because it is not connecting to most wireless networks. My ipod always connects, which adds to my frustration in a way...

Could this be driver related or is it just a hardware issue?

Thank you,

10v, 1510, dell, os x

« Snow Leopard on 8gb Mini 9 | Please Help »