General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default hardware upgrades and osx - 07-13-2009, 05:36 PM

ok so I bought a stock mini 10v with no cuztomisation at all.
I am going to install 2gb ram and a bluetooth module on it and I also wanted to install mac osx
I'm running ubuntu netbook remix right now so i was going to install the upgrades and test it on ubuntu first to see if they work before installing mac osx

and then I wanted to install using two usb sticks following the exact instructions of this video:
Mac OS X on Dell Mini 10v How To Video

I wanted to know if there is something special I need to do because i'll have 2gb of ram like special software version or something. Or even use a different method.
I also noticed some peolple talking about BIOS upgrade do I really need to update the BIOS ?

thanks !
  (#2) Old
Default 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM

Memory is nothing special. It makes no difference to OS X (other than speeding it up).

There's no need to update the bios but it doesn't hurt.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-13-2009, 05:59 PM

I think as long as they are both installed in the netbook before you install OSX you shouldn't have any issues.
  (#4) Old
Default 07-13-2009, 10:38 PM

ok thanks for making this clear guys !

also can someone point me out a link that shows how to upgrade to Bios A03, I just cant find some clear instructions. Maybe it's just that it's too simple and that I should know I to do it but I never did this so any help would be apreciated !
  (#5) Old
Default 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM

has anyone here installed a bluetooth module (internal) after they've completed the install for mac os x? If yes, did the os detect the hardware ok or did you have issues? thanks.
  (#6) Old
Expert Member
Default 10-28-2009, 02:30 AM

Since you mention 10v you should know that some folks have had troubles installing OS X with 06 and 07 versions of the BIOS. You might have to downgrade from those versions to 04 or 05. Instructions are in the forum somewhere.

As others have said it doesn't make a difference if you have 1G or 2G or you have Bluetooth or not. Its perfectly OK to install onto a machine that has 1G and no Bluetooth and then add them in later. OS X will recognize them when you change your computer hardware.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Problem booting from external Hard drive | Bluetooth & Jabra BT135 no audio »