General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Mar 2009
07-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England, USA
07-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey guys - I just upgraded my 32GB RunCore to a 64GB RunCore and I personally chose to just install onto the new SSD from scratch all over again ... using DELL EFI 1.2.a.5, and lantzn's guide to installing OSX directly onto the RunCore using a Mac.
Everything went very well ... except for 1 small thing ... I no longer have mouse/keyboard preferences listed under System Preferences. A bummer ... since I want to set up tap-to-click options, etc. Might I have missed something installing 1.2.a.5? Suggestions?
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado, USA
07-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Either one works. I believe the default is chameleon.
Join Date: Jun 2009
07-20-2009, 01:49 AM
I used the PCEFI v9 and it seems to be working. Posting right now from my Mini 9 with the 64 GB Runcore on OS X 10.5.7. Thanks for the help!
Oh, and here's the steps I followed:
1) Plugged the runcore into the USB port
2) Used disk utilities to format it as OS X Journaled
3) Ran the Carbon Copy Cloner to copy the files
4) Ran the NetbookInstaller, pointed it to the runcore and picked the settings recommended earlier (used the PCEFI v9 boot loader)
5) turned off and swapped the old 16 GB SSD for the 64 GB runcore
Everything worked great after that.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.