General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 01-29-2010, 09:00 PM

just a quick some point my internet disconnected and upon reconnect I ran into the same problems with the repeating clear splash page...on trying what I first did, I haven't gotten it to work...was either a fluke or I did something I forgot..will keep trying and let y'all know

Originally Posted by djlimbs View Post
hi all,

this thread was very helpful in getting my Comcast 2go working on was a little tricky, but now I'm surfing no prob. here's how I did it:

- I actually downloaded the older drivers first (, installed and plugged my comcast dongle in.
- Nothing happened, so I removed it and found the latest version (1.03.1033.0) and installed that.
- Then my mac recognized the USB Network adapter and I was able to connect. Unfortunately I was only able to go to High Speed Mobile / Wireless Internet Service Provider or Comcast Official Site | High-Speed Internet, Cable, Phone Service Provider, and I would be sent to a clear splash page if I tried going anywhere else.
- So I installed Windows via Virtualbox and after a lot of tribulation, got Comcast internet working through there.
- Throughout that, I somehow erased the WiMax option on my mac so I had to remove everything, re-install older drivers, remove + re-install newest drivers.
- Once everything was setup again, I got on the net and everything was wide open. I'm guessing the Comcast Connection Manager had to log my computer/MAC address into their system to allow me to browse..once that's set, it's as simple as plug and play.

great to know I can use this with Mac before official support. Good luck y'all!
  (#12) Old
Default silent release - 04-04-2010, 06:26 AM

well, comcast has released the drivers, but they haven't posted them many places.

Here's a link:

Welcome to Comcast customerCentral!

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Originally Posted by oa81dog View Post
well, comcast has released the drivers, but they haven't posted them many places.

Here's a link:

Welcome to Comcast customerCentral!
Trouble is, I get the same issues as I did before using the Clear Connection manager. When I attach the device, the ZTE TU25, the connection manager says "starting device" and then seems to time out saying "device not found".

Anyone else have the ability to test this out? Anyone having any luck?

internet, mac, network, os x, wimax

« After 10.5.8 Update, Wont boot | "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button until..." »