General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Battery Meter not working - 07-08-2009, 08:09 AM

I just got a new battery from eBay, supposedly OEM. But it does have those "Christmas" lights, that flash off and on so it makes me wonder. My mini 9 came with a defective battery, so I am not sure if the battery meter in OSX never worked or it is due to the fact that I may not have an OEM battery. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

(#2) Old
Default 07-08-2009, 05:27 PM

Try installing coconut battery and see what it says.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the tip. I did that and now it says my battery is fully charged, but not sure whats going on because it will run about 20 seconds before my mini turns off. Upon startup it says that

"the battery is not recognized by the system and will not charge."

Heh, forgot it. Thanks for the help Hilbe. I'm putting my Dell Mini 9 for sale already and getting a Mini 10v and sticking to windows. Getting 2 dead batteries in a row, OSX randomly screwing up on me (as of now it wont even load) getting screwed over by dell customer service and spending a lot more money on parts and a simple netbook then I imagined, I decided its not meant to be. Still staying in the Dell family though

« OSX will not Restart on Mini 9 (FIXED) | Bluetooth "connect to network" grayed out after sleep »