General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default question about DellEFI 1.2a5 and external hard drive - 07-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Finally, I have install osx on an external USB hard disk, with this (wonderfull) guide Guide Method 4: Install via Mac to External Drive or RunCore SSD | DellEFI | mechdrew.

But now, I have some troubles with :
- coremidi : my music softs don't find midicoreserver... If I launch the utility "audio midi configuration", and go to midi, I crash...
- sleep mode : no sleep mode... If I close the lid, nothing happen. If I try to "suspend activity", after that, I can't wake up.
- external display : when I connect a display... I crash !

My questions :
- Is it a problem to use osx on an external harddrive ? and for the sleep mode ?
- Can I relaunch DellEFI 1.2a5, with the same installation, and just change options ? (I would like to test different options, for the external display, and sleep mode...)
- Can I launch DellEFI1.1 with the same installation ?

(#2) Old
Default 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM

Which is why I want the OSX on the internal drive and Windows on an external. If you have USB legacy bios enabled, it won't sleep in OSX 'cos you're booted off the usb - so, yes, it's a problem if you want the thing to sleep in OSX. I've backed up my OSX installation into a disk image and can use that for different configs. You can reconfig DellEFI with same installation as far as I'm aware... I have and it still works.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Yes... it sounds logical...
Now I need to buy a SSD runcore... ;-)

I'll test a "re"-config off dellefi (only for coremidi...)

« Apple Stickers | Mini 9 as a photographer's location laptop »