General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Question Problem installing OSX ... - 07-02-2009, 02:11 AM

So, Last month I made the mistake of upgrading the OSX software from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7.

I didn't know it would ruin my Dell Mini 9 since a friend of mine did the installation from WinXP to OSX.

I've been trying to reinstall OSX but I can't seem to change the bios in order to read the OSX thumb drive I have containing the OSX 10.5.6 software installation.

Any help? Ever since I updated the software to 10.5.7 the Dell Mini just boots up and the screen just goes fuzzy so that's why I want to start all over.

I don't have a MAC, only Vista and XP Pro so please if anyone knows of non-mac guides then please walk me through this since I haven't been able to figure this out and the guides are very confusing - for me at least.

- Chris
  (#2) Old
Default 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM

no one?
  (#3) Old
Default 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM

A lot of people had problems after upgrading. See the 10.5.7 post, you should find something there. When the screen does the 3 2 1 countdown, hit any button then type in
-x. It should start up in safe mode. Run the latest DELLEFI. Do a custom install and check Reinstall mini 9 extensions and Generate a system specific dsdt.aml file.

« firefox 3.5 + flash full screen = better performance | WindowShade X and hotkeys »