General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Question Can't install OSX because of the screen res - 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM

Hi folks! I've just got my Dell Mini 10v and i tried to Dual Boot OSX Leopard and W7 but... When I get into installation screen of OSX the resolution of the screen is too low so I can't see the buttons to continue... I'm stuck in this situation.. can anybody help me? Why in the video-tutorials the screen res. is fine'?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 06-30-2009, 12:25 PM

I haven't figured out why some have that, some don't. The only thing I can surmise is possibly different OS X versions being used. In my case, I was using 10.5.6, but I've heard of people with 10.5.6 having those issues.

There's a post recently about this issue though and someone has a method using a certain number of spaces or something to get through it.

Alternatively, hooking up an external monitor may help. I say may only because I haven't tried it.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#3) Old
Default 06-30-2009, 01:11 PM

Ok I've installed it hitting the space key but now I can't configure my network because the status bar is cut and Leopard doesn't recognize the external monitor. How can I go ahead?
EDIT: After installing DellEfi the resolution is ok but the wifi and the bluetooth doesn't work... how can I do?
  (#4) Old
Default 07-17-2009, 07:07 PM

keep rebooting until wifi works... it doesnt work automatically the kext has to see it or get updated.. cache
  (#5) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to dad2ways
Default 07-20-2009, 07:02 AM

Unfortunately you have one of the Mini 10vs, like mine that has the 1024x576 screens instead of the 1024x600 screens. It was a little weird for me because I transitioned from a Mini 9, which I gave to my wife, to the 10v.

It took several tries, but how I finally achieved it was to use the tab key and the space bar. It took a number of false starts until I finally got the right number of tab stops to successfully make it from screen to screen, but you can make through the installation process.

Once you finish the installation process the setup assistant will not run because the screen resolution will be set to 640x480 until you install DellEFI, then it will be fine after reboot and install sound updates.

« Need suggestions on best way to swap SSDs | 10v New Touchpad driver »