General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default New Member- A few Dell Mini 10 Questions - 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the MyDellMini forum, and sometime today my Dell Mini 10 will be delivered! This will be my first netbook, but after browsing through the forums I've came about a few foreboding concerns regarding the Mini 10's video performance. I was hoping to watch Hulu videos in full screen on this netbook, but I've read some about video issues with the GMA500 graphics card. My Mini 10 will have an Atom Z530 processor, but I'm guessing that it only saves battery life and not better multitasking/video performance as compared to the Atom N270. If the Mini 10 can't play videos very well, it's not the end of the world, I'll still use it for mostly web browsing.
I'm looking forward to the arrival of my Mini 10, and this forum has been very helpful to me already. Thanks Everyone!
  (#2) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 06-25-2009, 06:17 PM

Welcome to the forum

You are right about what you said aabout the different processors in the Mini 10.

There are new GMA500 drivers out now and they only show signs of improving regarding Hulu video playback. I've had no problems with the HG youtube videos I've played.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« carefull with IE 8 | Music Production »