General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Music Production - 06-02-2009, 04:09 PM

Anyone use their Mini for making music? Been making music for a number of years now (usually on PC or Mac) and am actually surprised at how well the Mini can cope. I've made a few on the Mini with OS X and it seems nice stable mobile production machine. Definitely good for when your bored in a plane or stuck in traffic.

Sky High (No Vocals):
http://www.fusionise.com/music/Sky%20High.mp3

Sky High (Japanese Version):
http://www.fusionise.com/music/Sky%2...20Japanese.mp3
  (#2) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 05:26 PM

What programs do you use (for Mac or PC)? I installed OS X on my friends Acer Aspire One a while back and he hooked up his keyboard to it with a MIDI cable and was able to whip something up in GarageBand.

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | BIOS A04 | 1.3 MP Webcam
4 GB SSD with Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix | 32 GB Runcore SSD with Mac OS 10.5.7
  (#3) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dr0v3r View Post
What programs do you use (for Mac or PC)? I installed OS X on my friends Acer Aspire One a while back and he hooked up his keyboard to it with a MIDI cable and was able to whip something up in GarageBand.
I usually use Reason for production and Adobe Audition for the editing but I'm finding Reason really restricted now. Like it doesn't do what I want it to do sometimes. When I first hit Reason up (started on Fruity Loops) I was wow'ing over the possibilities it unlocked compared to FL at the time. Now it's like 'meh'. But yeah I use reason and have used a bit of Logic Pro (which I really like) so I know my way around that too.

Garageband is really good for beginners, especially the latest one. I loved it when I used it a few months back, has the main stuff needed for production with the 'no nonsense' view to it. Very easy to use.
  (#4) Old

Default 06-09-2009, 06:35 AM

I use Logic Pro on m Mini9 with a M-Audio Quattro card and its great for 4 track portable recording.

The mini9 hasn't the power for running lots of plugins realtime but I can mix down on my hackingtosh home PC.
  (#5) Old

Default 06-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Can I ask if Logic opens ok on the 9. I understood it needed more pixels than the screen allows? Does the screen scaling work or are you using a second screen?

Wondering if you have ever tried mainstage?

Thanks

« New Member- A few Dell Mini 10 Questions | off topic; garmin 700 series gps »