General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell A90 orders canceled?!? - 05-03-2009, 04:10 AM

Hello,

I ordered my a90 on 4/28 when it was going for $250. I received email confirmation for the order, my CC was billed a temporary charge and all was good albeit with a ship date of 5/22, but I can live with that. I've been checking the order status from day to day and was pleased to see it moved into "production." However, I went to check my status tonight via the link in the order confirmation email and I get this message on Dell.com, "No Order was found that met the search criteria." What the hell? If I manually search my Dell purchase ID it finds my purchase, but then clicking my Order Number link from that page yields the same "not found" message.

Is the Dell website going through some rough maintenance or are they canceling a90 orders now?

Jacob

Vostro A90 | RunCore 32GB | Transcend 2GB RAM | OSX | Dropbox
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: Dell A90 orders canceled?!? - 05-03-2009, 04:15 AM

http://support.dell.com/support/order/s ... &s=gen&cs=

Try the link above without logging into your account and it may give you different results. Dell may just be performing maintenance on the server tonight!

(#3) Old

Default Re: Dell A90 orders canceled?!? - 05-03-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somms
http://support.dell.com/support/order/status.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cs=

Try the link above without logging into your account and it may give you different results. Dell may just be performing maintenance on the server tonight!
That's exactly what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .jacob
If I manually search my Dell purchase ID it finds my purchase, but then clicking my Order Number link from that page yields the same "not found" message.

Vostro A90 | RunCore 32GB | Transcend 2GB RAM | OSX | Dropbox
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell A90 orders canceled?!? - 05-03-2009, 05:50 AM

I'm getting the same, but the toll free number says my order is processing, so I'm assuming theres something with the server.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell A90 orders canceled?!? - 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Checked my status both yesterday afternoon and just now and everything is the same on mine - In Production with a 5/20 estimated delivery (2 day shipping).

Vostro A90 - Windows 7 Home Premium, 32GB Super Talent SSD (GFDL), 2GB G.SKILL RAM, 8 cell 5200 mAh Better Power battery, 0.3MP webcam, Bluetooth
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Dell A90 orders canceled?!? - 05-05-2009, 05:51 PM

I've been waiting patiently since 04/21 for my A90, even though I suckered myself into the 16GB SSD at the original $200 price (so I got a $250 machine w/ 512MB RAM, should've read the forums, doh!).

So instead of waiting until the 05/14 ship date, I ordered one of the "new, never used" refurbished units from Dell Outlet, and am patiently waiting out the week (should be here end of week)... There have been all sorts of snafus with each order that have made me saddened that Dell really has dropped off a cliff in terms of customer support. Am wondering if I will actually get this A90, b/c when I checked on the Refurb Mini 9, my conversation went like this:

Me: Hello, I ordered a machine on 05/01 expecting to receive it 05/07, and now the estimated delivery is stated as 05/15.
Rep (Richard): Sir, it saays your machine will ship 05/11 and you will receive it 05/08 [sic].
Me: Umm. How can it ship after I receive it?
Richard: I am reading what the screen saaaays sir.
Me: When will I receive the machine?
Richard: You will receive it on or before 05/08, but perhaps later.

Sigh.

« 3 time netbook owner impress with Dell Mini 9/OSX | Netbook Boom Likely To End With Better Economy »