General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell Outlet - Damaged In Shipping - 04-28-2009, 03:20 AM

Has anyone else had there dell outlet order damaged in shipping? If so how long did it take for your replacement machine to be sent out?

I ordered a basic vanilla configuration from the outlet on the 17th, had it shipped out on saturday, only to have it damaged upon arrival to my local Fed-Ex facility on Wednesday. Called up Dell that very day and they submitted the request for a replacement to be sent to me next-day air etc etc. This was on the 22nd. I'm aware they say it can take up to 8 business days for the replacement to be found with a machine that matches my specs... but when the outlet has been FULL of machines with the same exact configuration that I purchased... should I really be going on 4+ business days as it is already? I've been in touch with dell constantly, to with which they state the same thing to me every time.. "I see your confirmation number is here but no purchase order has been generated which means the replacement has not been found yet".

I just want to get my mini already :/
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - Damaged In Shipping - 04-29-2009, 05:14 PM

My new mini went back after a week for repair of the touchpad. A week later, my once pristine netbook came back in cardboard, loose of the foam 'holders'. It bounced around inside that big box, and tore up the lid. When I flipped it over, the rubber screw fillers were missing from the underside, tool marks on the memory cover, and a nice slip of the screwdriver mark below the cover. It looks like dell is now utilizing 5 year olds in the repair facility. Four calls, one e-mail, and two days later, they said another will be built and shipped in about 7 days...

I had to absolutely *refuse* that it be sent back to the repair facility a second time, initiate a return on it, and advise them I would re-order a new one after I received my credit. Not the old Dell for sure, but so far, in the end, they come through. It just takes some aggravation on your part.. those phone calls really suck :lol:

Red mini9, 64g Runcore, 2g Kingston Hyper-X, BT, 1.3mp cam, OSX, XP Pro, Ubuntu UNR
Blk mini 9, 64g Runcore, 2g Kingston Hyper-X, BT, 1.3mp cam, OSX, XP Home, Ubuntu UNR
Mac v.10.5.7, A05, International Keyboards
Samsung NC-10 SE (bone stock)

« Windows 7 Gets Its Own Web Site | IBM pits Watson super against humanity »