General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default File Transfers - 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM

Hello all!!

Let me just say that all the help I've gotten from this forum has been amazing!! You all are truly a font of knowledge!!

I just have a few more questions, and I've done some research, but I have no real world experience on which to base these questions.

Background info:
I purchased a mini9 with the intent of turning it into a mac. I'm super psyched about it and can't wait to get it. I'm a classical musician and I record myself a lot!! I have a PCM-D50 digital recorder that I use and usually transfer the .wav files onto my windows PC for later reference and study.
I'm going abroad this summer and I plan to continue to record myself. This is why I purchased the mini9, so that I could use my recorder and then transfer the .wav files from the recorder to the mini9 (running OSX), and onto a portable HDD.

Here's my question:
Assuming I transfer the files from my recorder, to my mini9mac, and onto my external HDD, would I still be able to then transfer them from my portable HDD back onto my home PC?

most of the articles I've read are really really outdated, and I was hoping someone could give me some info on my issue. If I did xfer the files, would they be read-only on my PC?? Does OSX even allow this kind of transfer?? I've used MACs at my school and transferred files on a usb stick with no problems, would this essentially be the same with a HDD??

Thanks for all the help guys!!

================================================== ================================

Black Mini9 Ubuntu || 1GB ram (planning on 2 when I get my compy) || 32GB STEC SSD
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default Re: File Transfers - 04-25-2009, 08:44 PM

If you can do it with a USB stick, you can do it with an external hard disk.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« What's Your Twitter Name? | Russian speaking peoples here? »