General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Send a message via MSN to nollie
Default What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-23-2009, 10:22 PM

Interested in knowing, if you had to choose which of your gadgets you could not do without, what would they be?

1) Mini9 - No surprises here, however I only noticed today that I sometimes leave my main PC off for a day, if all I plan on doing is browsing the internet, a little word processing and to go on MSN. Much more preferable sat on the sofa than at my desk.

2) iriver Clix 2 (Redline 8GB) - Lesser known MP3 player which I've owned since November '07 when I lost my 2nd Gen iPod Nano. Had a hefty £140 price tag at the time, but I think it still look like a modern player, protected by a silicon case (£2 eBay) it still looks good as new. My must have gadget as I take it out with me every time I go running or to the gym.

That's really it for me. I've learnt in the end any phone will do for me so long as it does the job of making calls, texting and I can play Snake on it.

Dell Mini 9 - 64GB Runcore - 2GB RAM - Windows 7 - 16GB SD - Jolicloud Beta
  (#2) Old

Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-23-2009, 11:02 PM

1 - iPhone 3G. I've become attached to it for a variety of reasons. For one, the constant Internet access is great, it lets me keep up to date with email and Google Reader. It's a good entertainment device, as I have plenty of games across a wide variety of genres. I use it to take notes, to take pictures of things to write down later, to look up words to prove my English teacher wrong, to look up Spanish words when I don't know them, to find what a song is to listen to later, and that doesn't even cover the great music-playing, video-playing, and phone abilities. I have an external battery for it, so I can go for 7 hours per charge, with 3 extra charges in the external battery. It's fantastic.

To a lesser extent, I cannot live without my MacBook Pro, simply because a larger screen has its place. I have a feeling my Dell Mini will take the place of my MacBook Pro as my main computer for everyday use. I can't wait to receive it!

Dell Mini 9 - Obsidian Black | Mac OS X 10.5.6 | 2 GB CAS3 Kingston HyperX RAM | 64 GB RunCore SSD | BIOS A04 | BlueTooth | 1.3MP Webcam
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-23-2009, 11:53 PM

At the moment, my Mini 9 and my Nano. I could easily live without a cell phone, but it is a must have simply because of job requirements. Currently it is a Treo 750, but that's only because Samsung has me pissed off over the lack of quality on the Epix. Would be a great phone if it weren't for the damn bugs.

Even my Nano isn't that high on the list any more.. I could live with my Mini 9 at the moment very easily.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#4) Old

Send a message via MSN to ChazB Send a message via Skype™ to ChazB
Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-24-2009, 01:48 PM

1) iPhone 3G - My must have, go to utility belt of gadgetry. It can do almost everything I want it to and more. It's saved my ass more than once.

2) Digital camera - For when the iPhone's camera just won't cut it I have an Olympus 510UZ that I carry with me.

3) PSP - iPhone games are nice, but the PSP has some excellent titles despite the lack of releases lately.

4) Flash Drives - I keep most of my important apps and files (encrypted) on a 32GB Patriot Xplorer XT. I also have additional drives for when needed.

5) In ear headphones/mic for iPhone. Great for when you want to tune out the world, but still take calls without removing your headphones.

6) Dell Mini 9. When it comes, I doubt it'll leave my possession except when I sleep; maybe.

| Dell Mini 10 | Product Red Edition | 1.6GHz | 1.3MP | 160GB SATA HDD | Bluetooth | 802.11n | Windows 7 Ultimate |
| Dell Mini 10v | Obsidian Black | 1.6GHz | 2GB Kingston HyperX | 1.3MP | 160GB SATA HDD | Bluetooth | 802.11n | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. - Unknown

Before Elvis, there was nothing. - John Lennon
  (#5) Old

Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM

1. My gaming computer (3.8 ghz Dual Core OC'd, 4 gigs of RAM, ATI 4850)

2. My Mini 9 (see sig)

3. Creative ZeN X-Fi MP3 Player

4. My (somewhat crappy) Sony Ericcson W580i Cell Phone

5. Oh,and if it counts, my 2000 Kia Sportage gets me from A to B

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#6) Old

Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM

1) iPhone 3g - Im not an Apple fanboi, far from it - I generally hate them and their Armani attitude to tech products but Im a photographer and videographer so its great to show people quick photos and video plus the email facility is great and as an mp3 player its fantastic (pod casts too). Email on the go is a bonus, but it is lacking in basic functions. MMS, video recording, voice recorder, broadband tethering via 3G etc etc

2) Senny CX500 in ear phones. Excellent noise cancellers. Good for the gym, at home, at work or in as ear plugs when trying to sleep.

3) 2gb Sandisk Cruzer memory stick.

4) Dell Mini 9 - Only got it a few days ago so its at number 4. But its going everywhere with me.

5) My photo and video gear. Nikon D700, Canon HV20, Zoom H2 etc etc
  (#7) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Not really a gadget, but my pro calibrated HDTV and DVRs. Have my Mini on a Belkin cush top on the coffee table.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#8) Old

Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-27-2009, 02:33 AM

My Blackberry, iPod touch, Canon Rebel XSi and of course the Mini 9.
  (#9) Old

Send a message via AIM to jimbojones79
Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-27-2009, 03:03 AM

1. Blackberry Bold - Must have for keeping me organized and on task...

2. Dell Mini 9 - Have had mine for a little more than a month now. Love it... Perfect for travel, perfect for the couch...

3. Canon SD1000 Digital Camera - Perfect size... My STM XS Drift bag that I got for my Mini has 2 pouches on the inside - I can stuff my wireless mouse in one and the camera fits perfectly in the other.

Mini 9 - Onyx Black - 2GB RAM - 16GB Runcore - 16GB SDHC - Windows 7 - 7100
  (#10) Old

Default Re: What are your 'Must Have' Gadgets? - 04-27-2009, 05:32 AM

Mini 9 and ipod touch are inseparable from me!

The ipod has started playing 2nd fiddle to the Dell since I got it a few weeks ago. I have slept with the dell on my bedside table every night since receiving it, falling asleep while streaming movies from my PC. While the ipod can do this through Orb, larger screen on the dell means it is the winner.

ipod has made a resurgence since purchasing the monopoly app though. Playing monopoly against a few friends while at work is excellent.

« Has anyone seen... | T-Mobile/Google G1 »