General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Info on Outlet Store - 04-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Does anyone know if the Outlet Store will take a Dell Preferred Account? Since they won't take it for business laptops.
Is it safer getting a previously new mini 9 rather then a refurbished or scratch & dent?
Ubuntu mini 9's are hard to find as previously new. How much room is leftover on a 8Gig SSD if Windows XP is installed on it?

My son is constanly taking mine so I thought I'd get him his own.
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: Info on Outlet Store - 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Yes, they take the DPA, and refurbs are usually fine. I got one for my wife a few weeks ago and you can't tell the difference between it and a new unit except for the big green refurbished sticker.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Info on Outlet Store - 04-22-2009, 03:23 PM

My refurb was at my door in less than a week and there have been no problems with it. Skimming through the forum posts, mine seems to be a typical case.

If I recall correctly, my vanilla XP Pro install took up roughly 4-5gigs. You can check out a program called nlite which allows you to strip out unneeded features before you install XP. There's also cheap storage space available in SDHC and USB flash drives.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Info on Outlet Store - 04-23-2009, 12:30 AM

Of the 3 black mini9s' I purchased as refurburished from the Outlet, 2 were mint and the third had a couple very minor scratches. A little Novus #1 plastic polish with soft cotton pad and even my very picky daughter didn't notice.

A bonus is I placed the order (second and third units) on 4-10-09 and recieved on 4-16-09.

I keep an eye out looking for another one. I love the Outlet with coupon in hand.

Pay less and recieve faster. I like.

Oh, BTW....the big green sticker is on the bottom, thus no distraction!
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Info on Outlet Store - 04-24-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjin
Oh, BTW....the big green sticker is on the bottom, thus no distraction!
Which is easily removed.

Just saying..

And for the record I placed my order on a weds night and recieved my refurbed mini 9 that following saturday. The only mark I could find is a pin size mark near the keyboard that is pretty much invisible unless you know where it is. I am very satisfied with my purchase and the service from dell so far.

« Researchers dissect world's first Mac botnet | Does anybody else browse mobile web sites on their Mini? »